Convention 2018 Quiz
1. Last date to register for the Team Quiz shall be Friday, July 27, 2018. The Pastor or the Vicar shall send an email to the Convention General Convener, Very Rev. Augustine Mangalath with the full names of the participants.
2. Each parish or mission only shall have one (1) quiz team - participation is voluntary
3. Team shall be comprised of up to maximum five (5) persons
4. The Team Quiz shall be comprised of 100 multiple choice questions in the following specified areas:
a. 40 questions about The Holy Bible (only the Synoptic Gospel According to Luke & Acts of the Apostles)
b. 30 questions about the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church history
c. 30 questions about the Syro-Malankara Catholic Divine Liturgy
5. There will be five choices provided for each multiple choice question
6. The questions and multiple choice answer options will be projected on a large screen and will also be read by the Quiz Moderator. The Quiz Moderator will have access and see the questions when the program commences.
7. Each team will be provided one (1) official quiz answer sheet with the names of the participants listed from the registration. The participants must sign the back of the answer sheet. The participant(s), by his/her signature(s), acknowledge having read this rules, understand them, and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
8. The team shall be given 15 seconds to answer each question - a one (1) second countdown clock will be displayed on the projection screen - previous question(s) will not be shown after the time expires.
9. Team Quiz participants shall NOT bring any electronic device (except medical equipment, if required) to the Team Quiz venue - prohibited electronic devices are, but not limited to, computers, tablets, smartphones, smartwatches, Bluetooth headphones, two-way radios, any other internet enabled equipment, etc.
10. Team Quiz participants are not allowed to leave the Team Quiz venue after the program begins (except for medical emergency). Any participant who voluntary leave the Team Quiz may NOT return to the team table under any circumstances.
11. Team Quiz audience will be provided an “unofficial” quiz answer sheet to play along. Audience member may NOT announce the answer vocally, display it written or sign format, or cause any disruption. Those who do not follow the rules will be requested to leave the room.
12. The questions, along with the respective correct answers, will be presented at the end of the session, if time permits, after the official quiz answer sheets are collected.
13. His Excellency Most Rev. Philipos Mar Stephanos, Bishop of St. Mary, Queen of Peace Syro-Malankara Catholic Eparchy in USA and Canada, will select two (2) non-Eparchy clergy members to check the official team answer sheets against the master answer sheet.
14. The top three teams will be announced during the banquet and the winners will be awarded prizes.
15. All disputes regarding the Team Quiz shall be addressed in writing with the specific dispute matter directly to the Convention General Convener, who shall be the sole arbitrator - verbal or electronic communications are not permitted. The document shall be forwarded to the General Convener within one (1) hour after the conclusion of the Team Quiz program. The decision of the General Convener is final and binding.